Companies undergoing transformation must align their processes, structure and culture towards enabling the new direction and achieving objectives. Change requires a compelling vision and strategy, articulating the need and making a strong case. Success depends on forceful leadership, a comprehensive roadmap to guide behavior and decision making and a powerful communications framework to engage stakeholders and address concerns down to individual level.
We support our clients in managing change, helping them identify needs and design roadmaps while challenging biases, minimizing political agendas and reducing internal friction. We facilitate building a shared vision and exploring the shifts in identity that are required. We work with managers to develop their change leadership skills and and to identify, engage and train pivotal people and change agents to enable them to assume ownership of the process. We work with teams and individuals across the organization to address the challenges of change and create the critical mass needed to move the process forward.
Companies undergoing servitization or pursuing a strategic realignment towards services from products must often undergo a comprehensive and intense change effort, as the organization must absorb and deal with multiple impacts, from corporate identity and business models to operating systems, business processes and customer relationships. This has the potential to disrupt organizational dynamics, create significant internal friction and resistance and carries considerable execution risks, often with market and performance repercussions. Issues that need to be taken into account include, among other things:
- Identity and positioning of the company
- Tension between product and service units (pre-eminence, authority, career paths)
- Objectives and allocation of revenues, profits and costs
- Cooperation (information flows, silo avoidance, sales and marketing, customer journeys)
- Positioning of offerings (internal competition, cannibalization and commoditization risks)
- Customer engagement (from product sales to long term engagements)
- Supplier engagement
- Operations and delivery systems under a new business model
- Operational performance (approaches, systems and metrics)
We have second to none experience in dealing with the specific issues of service driven change and transformation, in both large and medium sized organizations across all continents, understanding the context and the concerns of both service and product unit managements and so are uniquely positioned to help our clients lead successful programs.